The ACIAR Launch Funding provides financial assistance to organisations or individuals wishing to conduct or attend events that directly benefit international agricultural research.
The aim of the financial assistance is to develop knowledge, skills and capacity required to achieve ACIAR’s mandate to build productive partnerships to benefit the effectiveness of international agricultural research. ACIAR places a high priority on the dissemination and communication of knowledge gained through our research projects, and the contestation and verification of the scientific and developmental approaches. Funding applications should also promote the work and role of ACIAR.
In line with ACIAR’s Gender Equity Policy and Strategy, funding applications need to ensure equitable voice and access for men and women.
Funding is allocated on a competitive basis against specified criteria, and anyone considering applying (as an individual or an organisation) should contact the ACIAR Research Program Manager (RPM) relevant to the theme of the event before submitting a formal application.
Applications open in January each year and close mid-April. ACIAR’s Training Committee evaluates applications and the successful applicants are notified by the end of May. All activities need to commence after 1 July on the application year and be complete by 30 June the following year.
The criteria for evaluating Launch Funding applications include:
- likely development of skills and knowledge to improve international agricultural research
- likely development, or maintenance of, research partnerships to improve international agricultural research
- alignment with ACIAR’s 10-Year Strategy
- alignment with ACIAR’s Gender Equity Policy and Strategy
- outreach and communication outcomes for ACIAR.
- Application round opens - 10 February 2020
- Application round closes - 11 May 2020
- ACIAR Training Committee selects successful applicants - 25 May 2020
- Applicants notified of outcome - June 2020
The Launch Funding application form is available here.