ACIAR looks to a world where poverty has been reduced and the livelihoods of many improved through more productive and sustainable agriculture emerging from collaborative international research.
To achieve more productive and sustainable agricultural systems, for the benefit of Developing Countries and Australia, through international agricultural research partnerships.
- Impartial: ACIAR is apolitical and provides stakeholders with advice that is frank, open, fair, honest, timely and based on the best available evidence
- Committed to service: ACIAR exemplifies scientific and professional excellence, is objective, innovative and efficient, and works collaboratively to achieve the best results for Australian and international communities and the Government
- Accountable: ACIAR is open and accountable to the Australian and International communities under the law and within the framework of Ministerial responsibility
- Respectful: ACIAR respects all people, including their rights and their heritage
- Ethical: ACIAR demonstrates leadership, is trustworthy, and acts with integrity, in all that it does.