Events funding guidelines
Application closing dates
ACIAR invites and assess applications twice a year. The application closing date (regardless of the date the conference will be held) is the first Wednesday of April and the last Wednesday of October in each calendar year.
This page provides information about elegibility and how to apply for events funding, including the application and attendance report forms. Please read this page and the attached forms before applying. If you wish to discuss an event sponsorship idea or proposal for event attendance, please contact one of our Research Program Managers.
The criteria in evaluating conference support applications include:
- Extent of likely benefit or impact on international agricultural research activities
- Extent of likely benefit or impact on development activities in ACIAR partner country
- Level of support from non-ACIAR sponsors
- Level of current engagement with ACIAR
- Level of past ACIAR support
- Benefits offered to ACIAR
- Degree of partner country researcher involvement
- Scope of proposed communication and implementation plan
Individuals wishing to attend, or organisations wishing to host or sponsor attendees to a conference, workshop, seminar or field day (that meets the selection criteria) are required to complete the events application form.
When completed, an electronic copy of the application and supporting documentation should be emailed to eventsfunding [at] aciar [dot] gov [dot] au. The name of the emailed documents should incorporate the name of the organisation and conference.
FORMS MUST REACH ACIAR BY 5PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Please note: No late or Out of Session applications will be accepted.
Applicants will be notified of the decision within six weeks of the application closing date.
Within one month following completion of the conference, successful applicants must provide the ACIAR with:
1. A completed copy of the Attendance Report.
2. A copy of the conference proceedings (both in electronic and paper copy format)
3. A copy of all information and presentation materials associated with the conference, to be forwarded to eventsfunding [at] aciar [dot] gov [dot] au
Payment of conference support funds
Successful applicants will receive 90% of the approved funding up front upon return of the signed contract. The remaining 10% will only be paid once all reporting requirements have been met and approved by the ACIAR, including the submission and approval of an Attendance Report which must be submitted within three months of the conference completion date.