Australian has various organisations dedicated to agricultural research, many of which collaborate on ACIAR projects.
Each of the Federal, State and Territory Governments has a department dedicated to agriculture and international aid.
- Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- New South Wales Department of Primary Industries
- Northern Territory Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries
- South Australia Department of Primary Industry and Regions
- Tasmania Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- Western Australia Department of Agriculture and Food
- Victoria Department of Primary Industries
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world. The CSIRO is split into research divisions, several of which work on ACIAR-funded research projects.
The Crawford Fund promotes and supports international R&D activities in which Australian research organisations and companies are active participants.
The Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation manage and fund research and translate the results into practical outcomes for industry development.
The Cooperative Research Centres are a collaboration of businesses and researchers with the aim of turning Australia’s scientific innovations into successful new products, services and technologies, and making our industries more efficient, productive and competitive.